Recipe: Cheesecake

Hello Tea Friends, 

Hope you all had a lovely Easter! We spent the day relaxing and enjoying Family Time. It was nice - a beautiful day outside too!  

As a Special Easter Treat.... I thought I'd endeavor to make a cheesecake. I love, no... I adore Cheesecake! However, I have never made one from scratch. (My mom, Donna, has... but I haven't).  So I did some searching around online and found a recipe and here it is... 



It was so good!! It was so good in fact, I thought I'd share the recipe with you! 

P.S. This Cheesecake has no calories in it!!!! Oops ~ April Fools!! ;) But the calories are worth it!! 









Mascarpone Cheesecake
Adapted from Gourmet

For crust:

2 1/3 cups finely-ground graham crackers

1 1/4 sticks (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled

pinch cinnamon

For filling:

20 ounces cream cheese (2 1/2 eight-ounce packages), softened

8 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature (about 1 cup)

3/4 cup sugar

3 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon salt

For topping:

1 cup sour cream

1/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

1/8 teaspoon salt

For the crust:
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and side of a 9-inch springform pan.
Stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter and cinnamon in a bowl. Pat onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of springform pan (about 1/4 inch thick).
Put pan in a shallow baking pan and bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack, about 25 minutes. Leave oven on.

Make filling while crust bakes:
Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium high speed until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, lemon juice, and salt and mix at low speed until combined. Pour into cooled crust and bake until cake is set and puffed around edge but still trembles slightly when pan is shaken gently, 25 to 30 minutes. (*Note, I think that the time might be a typo. Mine took 60 minutes. Other cheesecake recipes online say 60 to 75 minutes) Cool slightly in springform pan on rack, about 20 minutes. (Cheesecake will continue to set as it cools.) Leave oven on.

Make topping:
Stir together sour cream, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl and spoon over cheesecake, spreading gently and evenly, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edge.

Bake cheesecake until topping is set, about 10 minutes.

Run a thin knife around edge to help prevent cracking. Chill, loosely covered, at least 8 hours. 

This Recipe was found here at : Regaining Trust Blog




Comments

  1. This looks so fabulous! When I was expecting my daughter, I would bake one and then get up and sneak some in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am not that huge of a cheesecake fan, but this recipe and the photo both make me want to make one. Yummm! for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks SO good! Great job! I love cheesecake. One of my friends is a cheesecake baking expert. Her secret it to not take it out of the oven until it has cooled completely. She turns off the oven, opens it a crack and puts a wooden spoon in it to hold it open, and then lets it cool. No one is allowed to slam doors or jump! But it works for her and her cheesecakes never, ever have cracks in them. For me --- give me some kind of fruit topping to cover up the cracks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Princess Diana!

Last of the Summer Rose: Rose Ice Cream Recipe

Teacup Thursday: "A Cup of Christmas Tea"