Once Upon a Tea Cup - Dreams Really Do Come True



Well, friends, today is the day…my mom and I will be flying out of Des Moines Airport to Chicago, and then on an overnight flight to London!! We will be in their fair country for 6 days; then heading on to Germany for 2 weeks. We are so excited! We hope to share pictures with you along the way…so stay posted. 

This little dream started about 8 years ago, over a cup of tea. My mom and I discovered how much we enjoyed the ritual of a cup of afternoon tea…I was 14 at the time. One day, my mother came up with the brilliant idea that we would travel to England when I graduated in 4 years and have tea with the Queen! (smiles). We shared our grandiose idea with dear ole’ dad and he said, “That’s nice, how do you plan on funding your trip?” Well, naturally, we thought he would, so since he wasn’t offering, we put our heads together and came up with our tea business to help fund our way. 

Finally, we are fulfilling this dream! Thank you to all of our tea friends who have helped us make this dream a reality…it’s really amazing, isn’t it, what can happen over just a little cup of tea?!


Comments

  1. Have a wonderful trip to jolly'ol London town...one of my faves! What a vacation you two ladies are going to have...SWOON!!!
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, have a splendid time and travel safely! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi Lydec was here a few weeks ago. I go a little CORNfused and told her you were in England - just a few weeks early I guess! Have a TERRIFIC time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time! But I know you will! You will even appreciate it more with what you've learned in the interim! Bon voyage!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! A cup of tea can surely change one's life in many ways. Enjoy your trip, ladies!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how wonderful for your both!

    I wish you fun safe journies - and I can't wait to read ALL about it!

    Enjoy yourselves- make awesome memories together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a Fabulous time. I am sure you will. Happy for you!!
    Ruthie from Lady Bs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very excited for both of you.
    Enjoy and savor each moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Princess Diana!

Last of the Summer Rose: Rose Ice Cream Recipe

Teacup Thursday: "A Cup of Christmas Tea"