Happy Birthday to Charlotte Brontë!

Happy Birthday to Charlotte Brontë! 

She would have been 198 today! She wrote quite a few juvenile and 2 poetry books. However, she is probably best known for her work as a novelist: 
Jane Eyre 
Shirley 
Villette 
The Professor
Emma ~ was not completed

Have you read any of them? Jane Eyre is one of my most favorite books of all time!  I've read it a few times and love it more and more each time I read it!  

This is my favorite movie adaption of Jane Eyre - the 2006 version from BBC: 
(don't tell my dad, but mom is secretly in love with Toby Stevens as Mr. Rochester - heehee) 
It's slightly rainy outside today... sounds like a good day to pull out some Brontë books and enjoy a good read! With a pot of tea of course! 

Comments

  1. -blushing- no, i have not read her books.

    wasn't she a pretty lady? thank you for sharing this image of her.

    tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed Jane Eyre also. I think it is almost time to read again.
    Haven't seen this movie though, sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a reader but admire those who are - I watch the videos. Someone loaned us "The Paladise" and we have enjoyed it. It is a story about London's first department store. The second season comes out this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Brontes and Jane Eyre is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Princess Diana!

Last of the Summer Rose: Rose Ice Cream Recipe

Autumn my Favorite Time of Year