Gingerbread Baking

Hello Tea Friends! 

Sorry for the long delay in blog posts! December has been really busy (As always!) 

Christmas is just around the corner! Can you believe it!? I've always wanted to do a Gingerbread House, you know, the real, traditional, homemade kind!  I've done the graham cracker ones before, but never a homemade, cut out your own pieces kind. For some reason, those ones have always seemed a bit intimidating. 

  We all thought this would be the year that it would happen... but as the month flew by and only a few days before Christmas we began to worry that it might not happen. However, after being snowed in these past few days... I got the courage to try it! I have the pieces baked and just waiting for them to cool before putting them together!! I shall post a picture when it's completed! (Cross your fingers and hold your breath!)

Until then - Downton Abbey Fans... check out this Gingerbread version of Downton Abbey!! It is so cool!!!  Maybe I'll try this next year!!??? :)  




Comments

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Donna! Thanks for sharing the link to the YouTube video. They make it look so effortless! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a class on making gingerbread houses a couple weeks ago. My friend and her daughter were more interested in it than I but I went along with them. The instructor said the biggest secret is the meringue (or glue) that holds the pieces together. It has to have the meringue powder for it to work, or your roof will slide off. My friend had an ahah moment.
    I wish you luck with yours. I can always mail you all my instructions and patterns if you ever want them again.
    Merry Christmas, Donna and Miss Spencer.
    Val (who also has been slogging away in the kitchen the past couple days for my Boxing Day Tea)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that was AWESOME!

    Talk about a labor of love, WOW!

    I miss DA big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah for you!! SO glad you had the chance- and the courage- to make your gingerbread house. What a special tradition.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Gingerbread houses...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Princess Diana!

Last of the Summer Rose: Rose Ice Cream Recipe

Autumn my Favorite Time of Year