Teacup Thursday: Out of Africa

“Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever…” Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen)


 In honor of September's Out of Africa theme, I thought it would be fun to share this interesting and unique teacup with you. I think it looks very 1920’s with it’s unusual shape and safari colors.


“God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road.” ~ Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen)


Other's Who Are Participating in
Teacup Thursday!



Comments

  1. I would love to join in, but that e-mail link thing doesn't work on my computer.
    http://patchofzinnias.blogspot.com/2011/09/ive-got-cups-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dear friends...such a beautiful teacup. I love the movie Out of Africa and have read some other things by Isak Dinisen. Interesting woman.
    Congrat again on your article.
    Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your black teacup is very striking. Is that a fuchsia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love OoA & Baroness von Blixen. What a great idea for a tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi: I love your tea cup today. I think black tea cups are so amazing. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently did some research on her life story. She was truly a remarkable woman. Your lovely teacup evokes another intriguing time and place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh...this is SO gorgeous! Love the photo, love the quote. THANKS for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Princess Diana!

Last of the Summer Rose: Rose Ice Cream Recipe

Autumn my Favorite Time of Year