Teacup Thursday: Haviland "Autumn Leaf"

"Come little leaves," said the wind one day,
"Come over the meadows with me and play;
Put on your dresses of brown and gold.
For Summer has gone and the winds blow cold."
-Inspiration, October 1924

Isn't this Teacup lovely!? I received it for my birthday on Tuesday. I have always loved fall... so this Haviland teacup is perfect for me! It's called "Autumn Leaf".
The card in the background was painted by our artist friend, John Preston. My whole family and I feel so honored to be considered friends of John and his wife Cindy... John always sends us lovely cards for our birthdays!!

Other's Who Are Participating in
Teacup Thursday!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday and many wonderful returns of the day!! Fall is my fav too, and your cup is gorgeous~ I just celebrated my 26th wedding anniversary and I will have to look for a cup and saucer like this, as it would be a nice addition to the cups we use each day. Enjoy celebrating this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Haviland pattern. Sp pretty! I see a lot of flowers, not many leaves. Thanks for hosting. Hope you are enjoying your fall!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tea cup, Miss Spenser! Hope you had a great birthday!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful birthday teacup and that cards goes so well as a backdrop to the cup. I hope your birthday was full of delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lovely birthday present!
    I love Haviland and this one is perfect.
    Love ya, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pattern-as you can tell since I posted the same one! :) Hope your birthday was SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I just discovered your lovely site! What a great blog you have here!! So many beautiful things to see! I am your newest follower and I hope you will follow me, too! Many blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Princess Diana!

Last of the Summer Rose: Rose Ice Cream Recipe

Autumn my Favorite Time of Year