Merry Christmas!



"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...."


These Christmas stockings are very special to our family members; they are one of the much anticipated items to be pulled out of the Christmas box every holiday season.


Having time on my hands when I only had one little munchkin, I thought it would be so much fun to make her a stocking like the one I had when I was a child. My stocking, unfortunately from all the moves, has been misplaced...it was carefully crafted by my mother, who actually had no kit...she made it all on her own...and it was the sweetest thing ever!


I purchased this kit for Spenser and began stitching away on it...to my surprise, it took longer than I thought, but I managed to have it finished for Christmas Day when Spenser was 3 years old. As you can see, it's a bit worn from all the handling over the years (17 yrs. to be exact!) What started out as some "extra time" on my hands turned out to be a huge project with each subsequent child! I am happy to report though, that each of the children's stockings were all hand stitched lovingly by Mom.


About 8 years ago, the kids felt badly that Mom didn't have a stocking, so they worked away in the basement when I wasn't around, and presented it me on Christmas eve...what a surprise that was! As for Dear Ole' Dad, well, Zachary took it upon himself to upgrade Dad's little stocking just last year...what a joy it brings to see them all on the mantle this year. We hope you enjoy them too!!

From our house to yours, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
The Hardins, Don, Donna, Miss Spenser, Chase, Zach & Grayson

Comments

  1. What precious stockings! I am sure you treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heartwarming story! Those stockings are beautiful.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Princess Diana!

Last of the Summer Rose: Rose Ice Cream Recipe

Autumn my Favorite Time of Year