Teacup Thrusday: Liberty

Happy Teacup Thursday! Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

Today I’m sharing our Liberty Teacup by Johnson Brothers. It has a picture of Paul Revere’s midnight ride!
“Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,….
…Through the night rode Paul Revere;
And so through the night went his cry of alarm
To every Middlesex village and farm,
A cry of defiance, and not of fear,
A voice in the darkness, a knock at the door,
And a word that shall echo for evermore!
For, borne on the night-wind of the Past,
Through all our history, to the last,
In the hour of darkness and peril and need,
The people will waken and listen to hear
The hurrying hoof-beats of that steed,
And the midnight message of Paul Revere.”
~Excerpt from Midnight Ride of Paul Revere by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow




Other's Who Are Participating in
Teacup Thursday!
Beautiful Clutter
Breath of Fresh Air
Atteatude and Chocolate
For Such a Time as This


If you'd like to join us for Teacup Thursday,
 email me here with your blog address.
I'll post a link to your blog and you can link us to yours! Thank you!

Comments

  1. A great pattern...so patriotic! Hope you had a wonderful hoilday!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like these cups and saucers that tell a story in blue and white. I also like the way you displayed this one with the little buildings. Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Spenser and Mrs. Donna ~ I love this post. I have this set of china, and it is very special to me. When I was a teen, it was featured at the grocery store. Each time my mother bought a certain value in groceries, she was able to buy a plate for $1.00. So, she gathered plates --- for her, for me, and for my sister. When mother passed away, her set joined mine, as did my sister's, as she wasn't interested in them. Over time I have gathered the other pieces to the set --- a teapot, creamer, sugar, teacups and saucers, serving pieces and such. Do you have the entire set too? Isn't it a great way to celebrate our nation's heritage?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Princess Diana!

Last of the Summer Rose: Rose Ice Cream Recipe

Teacup Thursday: "A Cup of Christmas Tea"