Miss Spenser's is an Unique Tearoom off the beaten path just south of Des Moines. We offer an environment of respite and calmness...a haven in our hectic, every day world.
New Direction Signs
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
We have now have some beautiful signs directing our tea guests to our facility...
So be watching for the signs along the highway! Do you like???
The Last of the Summer Roses are Here! Here's a Recipe for you to enjoy with the last of this year's roses. Rose Petal Ice Cream 2 C Heavy Cream 1 C Sugar 1 C Rose Petals 2 Tea Spoons of Rose Congou Black Tea 1-2 drops of food coloring In a heavy bottomed saucepan heat milk, sugar, rose petals and Rose Congou Black Tea over moderate heat until almost boiling. Take off stove; place a lid on top and steep for 20 minutes. Strain, place in fridge to cool; then process in an ice cream maker. Serve in chilled glasses with a few rose petals for garnish. Yields 4 servings. Keep in mind, the cream makes this Ice Cream rich, so a votive cup of Ice Cream is a perfect serving size. Enjoy!
Well, friends, today is the day…my mom and I will be flying out of Des Moines Airport to Chicago, and then on an overnight flight to London!! We will be in their fair country for 6 days; then heading on to Germany for 2 weeks. We are so excited! We hope to share pictures with you along the way…so stay posted. This little dream started about 8 years ago, over a cup of tea. My mom and I discovered how much we enjoyed the ritual of a cup of afternoon tea…I was 14 at the time. One day, my mother came up with the brilliant idea that we would travel to England when I graduated in 4 years and have tea with the Queen! (smiles). We shared our grandiose idea with dear ole’ dad and he said, “That’s nice, how do you plan on funding your trip?” Well, naturally, we thought he would, so since he wasn’t offering, we put our heads together and came up with our tea business to help fund our way. Finally, we are fulfilling this dream! Thank you to all of our tea friends...
58 years ago today… on June 2nd, 1953 ~ Queen Elizabeth II was crowned monarch of the United Kingdom! So in honor of this day, I thought I’d share with you our Queen Elizabeth Teacup and Coronation plate. Long Live the Queen! Also, on a side note… 52 years ago today, my dad was born! Happy Birthday Dad!! :) I guess great things happen on June 2nd! Other's Who Are Participating in Teacup Thursday! The Hope Chest Rose Chintz Cottage Antiques and Teacups Friendship Tea The Rosemary House Lady Estelle's Tea Corner Denise's Delights Faith Hope & Cherrytea Beautiful Clutter Martha's Favorites Breath of Fresh Air Lady Linda Teacup Gracious Hospitality Sweetology Bernideen's Tea Time Blog Lady B's Time for Tea If you'd like to join us for Teacup Thursday, email me here with your blog address. I'll post a link to your blog and you can link us to yours! Thank you!
Lovely, Miss Spenser! Did you design them?
ReplyDeleteLook forward to seeing the beautiful signs on our way to the Mary Poppins tea this Saturday! :)
Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth
Oh yes, I like. Will I see one in Oregon to lead the way? ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat signs - very fun!
ReplyDeleteYour sign is amazing!!! So perfect, I LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDelete